Thursday, December 14, 2006

Finito

Ok, so I'm kinda mashing the remaining steps together. I've used wiki's before. I've used YouTube before. I've used NetLibrary before. The web 2.0 awards was nice to see, and had some interesting sites.

As for the program.

It's overdue, and it ought to be mandatory. It took 2 days for me to do this, and I still fulfilled all my full time duties. I worked the desk, did my work room jobs, and had meals, and still did this in 2 days. Oh, and I don't have internet at home yet, so I had to do it all in the time I was at work. That's not long. And you need the technophobes to do this stuff too. There are enough savvy people sprinkled around to hold hands and walk people through it. I've been asked to do that very thing for anyone here who asks. And I'm happy to do it. People need to know about these things and how to use them. I already knew most. Everyone has to graduate to the modern times. Like I've said many times, this program is about catching up with the nineties. That's when most of this started happening. Yeah, the websites are new, but the ideas and technologies are old.

1 comment:

Cat's Meow said...

Ooh. What a rant! You are correct in stating it needs to be done. More training like this should be done at all levels. However, it needs to be done with *full* support from the top, and TIME at work and EQUIPMENT that works! There are many older folk not inclined to this, with vision problems etc. who will have a harder time. I'm guessing you are young, tech savy and just graduated maybe. definitely not over 40. No eyesight problems, health issues or other time constraints at work, nor crushing debt (other than school of course) and possibly live at home, or have a second income to make things easier. Cause, personally, my machine at home has trouble with this and I've upgraded it (yes, by myself.. buying the parts and installing..I'm so backward) But I actually don't have broadband at home. Just dial up. Imagine that!! Nor wi fi (sarcasam) I can't afford it actually... nor the equipment either, not and pay my mortage, taxes food and so forth...you know - live...And FYI not all the equipment in my branch actually can do the required. Hey, if you can't listen to the podcast cause you don't have a sound card in any of the work room machines, well, yr. screwed ... just ya know, giving you an alternate view point? Oh, and yes, you are very much more supportive and superior and way way way ahead of me and my oh so lazy cohorts the aged health impaired technologically non savvy don't care to know unless I absolutely have to know can't afford the latest technology don't have a double income owe lots o money and what *ell good is it for anyway I'm not the help desk staffers...